To be the authoritative voice of denturism in Oregon; to pursue advancement of the profession through education, communication amongst members, act as a liaison with external agencies; and encourage excellence in provision of denture services to all Oregonians.
- To promote professional unity and advancement of denturism on the national level.
- To represent the interests of members of both the Association and the profession to all levels of Government and the public.
- To disseminate information that is of value and interest to Association members.
- To encourage and facilitate standardization of education and examination.
- To be proactive in the development of denturism in the United States and throughout the world.
- To develop, promote and maintain standards of professional ethics for the denturist profession.
BIO – OSDA PRESIDENT, GRANT SMITH, LD
Grant began working in his father’s dental laboratory in Florence in 1979. In 1983, Grant’s father was killed in an automobile accident and at the age of 20, Grant assumed ownership of Florence Dental Laboratory. After serving the dental community in Florence and Eugene with both fixed and removable restorations for 20 years, Grant took the opportunity through the George Brown College ADEC program to meet the requirements for licensure in the State of Oregon.
Grant and his wife, Dana have since been serving the Lane County area for over 20 years and are the owners of Grant Smith Denture Studio in Eugene. Grant And Dana have 4 adult children and 1 grandchild, who’s proud father, Calvin is a Licensed Denturist and serves as a third-generation honoring the craft.